[QGIS-Developer] GeoSeer ogc services data harvesting

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 9 02:45:18 PDT 2020

Hi Jonathan,

Can you share with us how you harvest your information on available
public OGC services? You probably have that information published
somewhere - so if you could point me towards this URL, it would help.

I noticed that all of the services of our province (my employer) can't
be found, as an example.

Here is the start point:

https://so.ch/verwaltung/bau-und-justizdepartement/amt-fuer-geoinformation/geoportal/geodienste/wms-web-map-service/

and the GetCapabilities link:

https://geo.so.ch/api/wms?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VERSION=1.3.0

So I wonder how many other QGIS server installations may not be in your
database? Of course I know you don't claim full coverage, but it would
still be good to know how you harvest your data.

Thanks for clarifying and greetings,

Andreas