[QGIS-Developer] QGIS startup time, Loading of Processing

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jun 10 02:37:06 PDT 2020

Hi Nyall,

You are right. GRASS and SAGA take the longest time in initialization.
Perhaps we should disable those by default. I think both are for
advanced users. These users should know how to enable the SAGA and GRASS
providers, should they need them.

Here is the screenshot from my QGIS on Linux (without SAGA) (I'll send
another one for Windows later):

Seems like DataPlotly also takes substantial time to load.

Greetings,

Andreas