[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server and the Grants programme

Marco Bernasocchi marco at opengis.ch
Wed Jun 10 03:34:41 PDT 2020

Heck yes, Thanks Ray for the idea of a lighthearted historical deep dive

QGIS server [0], [1]
- 2011 -> Born, (QGIS 1.6 - 27.11.2010)

Geoserver [2]
- 2002 -> Born? (0.9)
- 2003 -> 1.0
- 2011 -> 2.1.3

Mapserver [3]
- 1994 -> Born
- 1997 -> 1.0
- 2011 -> 6.0

So we can be 9y behind Geoserver and 17y behind mapserver ;)

Cheers all and keep up the amazing work, and thanks Jonathan for
triggering the interesting discussion

Marco

[0] https://web.archive.org/web/20101130113806/http://blog.qgis.org/node/146
[1]