[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server: parameters QGIS_SERVER_CACHE_DIRECTORY and QGIS_SERVER_CACHE_SIZE

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jun 25 03:27:35 PDT 2020

Hi,

I am trying to find out under what circumstances QGIS server uses these
two parameters:

QGIS_SERVER_CACHE_DIRECTORY and QGIS_SERVER_CACHE_SIZE

as described in
https://docs.qgis.org/3.10/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/server/config.html#qgis-server-cache-directory

Is this relevant when QGIS server also acts as a relay for another
network service, like loading tiles or data from another WMTS-server/WFS
server or from xyz tile sources?

Perhaps it would be useful to add this information to the documentation?
I could do a PR if I know exactly what this cache directory is used for?

What happens in case multiple QGIS server instances would point to the
same cache directory? Would it work or be a cause for troubles?

Thanks if you have any hints,

Andreas