[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-tr] Concerns about translations and QGIS overall credibility

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:17:15 PDT 2020

Hi!

While we've got a lot more languages and translations now I share your
concerns too.
After all (and you alreade mentioned it) it is all volunteer work.
There is still the option of reviews on transifex, but I am a bit
concerned that translations AND reviews would be too much for some
languages.
The idea of having english as default language and let the user decide
if he wants to switch to the native language (probably with a warning
that the translation is done by volunteers) is a good one, but what to
do with the people who do not (or only a little) speak english?

Having good translations is hard work.

regards
Werner