[QGIS-Developer] Please help with the changelog for 3.12

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Mar 2 04:08:29 PST 2020

Hi Salvetore

Thank you for your email, and I didn’t mean to be rude to you in my reply. But I meant non-collaborative in that you did something different to the normal way of doing things without sharing your plans with anyone else or e.g. talking to others in the community, saying ‘hey I have this idea for a better way of doing the changelog’. What you made looks really nice but the changelog has a whole bunch of other workflows that stem off it for publishing the information to QGIS.org <http://qgis.org/>, making available for translations, cleaning up the text, acknowledging funders, etc. which it doesn’t replace. So now we have flux because people think there are two systems. All we need is for people to simply mark PR’s with the Changelog tag and we would get the same outcome (ok without some of the other nice goodies you have made for stats etc). And then those same entries will appear on the changelog site and others can do the other parts of the work flow.

Best regards

Tim

> On 2 Mar 2020, at 09:53, Totò <pigrecoinfinito at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Goodmorning everyone,
> I'm sorry I didn't follow the official mode, but I didn't find any trace of
> it in the thread.
>
> I read that there was a need to help and I did it the way you know.
>
> I will have made a mistake, I will have been rushed, but I did not think
> that my work could be considered as a "non-collaboration with you".
>
> I thank you for what you do and I will continue to collaborate.
>
> Thanks Paolo for your interest, you are the only one who has considered my
> work even if it is useless in the eyes of others.
>
> I made the changelog in three days as it does not seem fair to me that QGIS
> 3.12 comes out without changelog.
> Many friends ask me: what's new with 3.12 ??
> what do I answer ??
> I preferred to scratch the data and make the changelog.
>
> Thank you all, I respect you very much for all the work you do.
> W QGIS.
>

> -----
> https://pigrecoinfinito.wordpress.com/
> --