[QGIS-Developer] Finalising the changelog for 3.12

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Mar 3 02:45:01 PST 2020

Hi Friends

I have finished putting all the candidate entries in the changelog page (https://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.12 <https://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.12>) and would like to post it on the QGIS feed. Can anyone who is interested to help please take a pass through, in particular to:

* Improve English
* Remove artefacts from PR discussions
* Add screenshots or GIF animations

If you need permissions to help with the above, just let me know. Note you don’t need any development skills to help with this, just a good grasp of QGIS and the English language, so QGIS Users who are feeling an itch to help, here is a good place to scratch! On Friday night we can then pull the changelog through to the web site.

Note also: For people making PR’s and PR reviewers it will be really great if you can spend some time and effort on putting nice descriptive information and screenshots on every PR that provides an interesting feature. If the reviewers could block PR’s from being merged then that would be awesome - come release time we can just pull all the descriptions over and publish the Changelog with minimal fuss. The documentation team will also be grateful when they pull the feature descriptions over so it will be a double win.

Thanks

Regards

Tim
—