[QGIS-Developer] backporting nightmare

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Mar 3 16:47:35 PST 2020

This is very frustrating.

I renamed my fork so it's what the backporting bot expects.  I then removed the backport labels from my PR, then readded the backport labels to trigger the bot.

So, it now runs without the missing repository.  Now it fails with an exit code 128.  And gives me commands to run to manually backport.  I don't need this nonsense.  If it gave me the exact commands I need to run, it can do it, if it's the same as what it does but fails, why tell me to do it?

Then there's the first PR I did - the backport there won't work now anyways, I reset my fork to make the second PR so it doesn't pick up the commit in the first PR, so the first commit doesn't exist any more.

And I still have the rest of my changes (that I figure I'll do in a batch PR to try to avoid more hassle).

If it's just a buggy backport bot, then that's bad timing on my part, after all my dwindling spare time it took me to get caught up on my Mac build, I get this.

... pardon the venting there.  I hope someone can help out.

-----
William Kyngesburye
<kyngchaos at kyngchaos.com>
<http://www.kyngchaos.com>