[QGIS-Developer] Geopackage FID columns: i HATE them!!!!

Alexis R.L. alroyliz0 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:07:49 PDT 2020

Greetings,

Personnally when splitting layers and when there are FID conflits, I try to
solve it manually. Sometimes it tells me that the fid of feature x cannot
be change, which are not indistinguishable.

And the next time you open the geopackage there is a change that the fid
column will now be the next column over and the initial fid column with bad
fids is still there. If you had critical information in your second column
too bad, its now a fid and you lost that information forever.

Maybe that issue was fixed already since I'm mostly using 3.4.4 on my main
setup as of now (waiting for some PRs to get merged before updating).

Thanks

Alex