[QGIS-Developer] Geopackage FID columns: i HATE them!!!!

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 00:04:11 PDT 2020

Hi,

> I personally HATE HATE HATE these columns, and would rather I never
> saw them ever again. Does anyone else feel the same? If so, could we
> potentially just permanently hide these columns from QGIS and avoid
> all these dangerous issues for users?

+1000 from an user perspective the fid is really confusing. The user
seems to be able to delete/edit the column but (of course) touching it
will throw an error when saving.

Moreover, it happens that during format conversion in the attribute
table there are fid/pk/id columns, with same numbers.

Thanks for raining this

Cheers

Matteo