[QGIS-Developer] QGIS "fast" mode

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 00:27:28 PDT 2020

Hi Régis,

The trust option is used in QgProject with
QgsVectorLayer::setReadExtentFromXml
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/core/qgsproject.cpp#L3304

Then in the case of a postgres layer, the checkUnicityKey is disabled
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/core/qgsvectorlayer.cpp#L1684

And it's all. The trust option only avoid to calculate layer Extent and
verify primary key for postgres layers.

The estimatedMetadata layer option is more common in provider. It will
be great to can check/uncheck this option.

Regards
René-luc