[QGIS-Developer] QGIS build error in Ubuntu 18.04

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 31 07:00:15 PDT 2020

On 3/31/20 3:11 PM, Stephen Knox wrote:
> I was going to say I'm not sure why I had to set the flag for spatialite,
> as https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/wiki?name=PROJ.6 implies
> that it is no longer required. But I was definitely getting an error on a
> checkout from the fossil build from one of the files in the
> gaiageo directory, so it's possible this support is not complete yet.
> Spatialite being a bit of a perennial laggard in terms of updates recently.
There is no (pre-)release of spatialite with support for PROJ >= 6 yet,
only the fossil repo has that support.

Since there haven't been any (pre-)releases since July 2018, it's highly
unlikely that any will be made any time soon.

QGIS & GDAL should ensure that they build successfully without
spatialite because the package will be removed from Debian when PROJ 8
is released in March 2021 (which will remove proj_api.h).

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1