[QGIS-Developer] Flatgeobuf for processing

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sat May 9 00:04:34 PDT 2020

Not sure this makes much sense. Now Processing stores temporary
results as memory layers and uses .shp/.geopackage as intermediate
format because these formats are compatible with wast majority of 3rd
party tools.

If we will use flatgeobuf, we will need convert back and forth all the time
when 3rd party tools are involved, this may significantly increase processing
time. Also as flatgeobuf does not provide random write capability it can be
slow in some cases.

сб, 9 трав. 2020 о 09:54 Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> пише:

> Hi Richard,
>
> On 5/8/20 5:24 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> >
> > About Tobias' flatgeobuf: instead of a shp/gpkg file alternative, would
> > this not be a very good candidate to store our intermediate processing
> > steps in (which was shp, not shure what it is now?)?
>
> Good shout!
>
> I would love to see someone systematically test it with processing.
>
> Matthias

Alexander Bruy