[QGIS-Developer] Appending Features to a layer

Germán Carrillo carrillo.german at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:05:18 PDT 2020

Hi Luis,

if you are fine with a plugin solution, then there is one called "Append
Features to Layer" [1] that adds a new algorithm to QGIS Processing.

If you run it once via Processing Toolbox, then in the Processing History
you'll get the Python command, which you could use in your code to append
features to layers.

BTW, QGIS Processing will come with an append features to existing layer
out-of-the-box. It's planned for QGIS 3.14. See it in action [2].

Regards,

Germán
-----------
[1] https://github.com/gacarrillor/AppendFeaturesToLayer/
[2] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/35641

El mié., 13 may. 2020 a las 6:25, Jorge Gustavo Rocha (<jgr at di.uminho.pt>)
escribió:

> Hola Luís,
>
> The options are quite simple. You can see them in this SO question:
>
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/87404/how-to-write-a-new-layer-to-postgresql-from-qgis-plugin/360270#360270
>
> You should create a temporary layer with the original one, plus the
> features you want to append. Then you write it to the database.
>
> Does it help?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jorge Gustavo
>
> On 13/05/20 11:57, Luís Miguel Royo Pérez wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm seeking a way to append features to a layer when exporting into a
> > PostGIS layer.
> >
> > For now I'm using the tool QgsVectorLayerExporter.
> >
> > I'm doing something like this
> >
> > QgsVectorLayerExporter(uri, "postgres", fields, layer.wkbType(),
> > utils().crs, overwrite,{}).addFeatures([feat for feat in
> > layer.getFeatures()])
> >
> > Inside the curly brackets I know I can place the options, but I can't
> > find where are these options documented. Or wether these options can
> > help me in my task of append features to a QGIS layer.
> >
> > Can anyone point me in the right direction in this task of appending
> > features?
> >
> > Kind regards.
> > --
> > Luís Miguel Royo Pérez.
> > Analista-Programador GIS
> > C/ Antic Regne de Valencia nº 4. Manises (Valencia)
> > Teléfono:+34  679846103
> > webs:
> > inisig.com <http://inisig.com>
> > geofibra.com <https://geofibra.com>