[QGIS-Developer] Profiler?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat May 23 04:38:11 PDT 2020

On 5/23/20 11:42 AM, Sebastian M. Ernst wrote:

> @Richard How does your Citrix setup / architecture look like
> (approximately)?

I'll ask around for more details, as I'm there just as a user of that setup.

But I did try a lot of things: and exactly what you tell: their virus
scanner was pushing some hash version of all python files to some online
service. So I disabled it...
But still... And off course they are working with some network shares,
so I will try out some of your other idea's

> @Nathan & @Nyall Where in QGIS' source can I find the profiling tool? I
> just searched and could not locate it ... Would you consider adding
> support for a Python profiler to it, e.g. [1], [2] or [3]? The relevant
> code could (conditionally) be injected somewhere around here [4] or here
> [5]. I have played with this idea a while ago. It works in principle,
> but a proper integration into your GUI would be great ...

In my debug build, using
export QGIS_DEBUG=5

I see:

../src/core/symbology/qgssymbollayerutils.cpp:3936 :
(svgSymbolNameToPath) [0ms] Svg found in alternative path
../src/core/qgsruntimeprofiler.cpp:80 : (end) [0ms] PROFILE: Load
default style database/Load symbols/topo camp - 0.001
../src/core/qgsruntimeprofiler.cpp:80 : (end) [0ms] PROFILE: Load
default style database/Load symbols/topo foot - 0
../src/core/qgsruntimeprofiler.cpp:80 : (end) [0ms] PROFILE: Load
default style database/Load symbols/topo forest - 0

So:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/core/qgsruntimeprofiler.cpp :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde