[QGIS-Developer] Linux users: wanna flatpak?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu May 28 05:22:48 PDT 2020

On 5/28/20 2:18 PM, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:
> Wow,
>
> thanx a lot!
>
> Umh, just reading https://github.com/flathub/org.qgis.qgis
> Seems I can just reinstall the flatpak with the needed module
>
> |flatpak run --command=pip3 org.qgis.qgis install scipy --user Will give
> it a try! Cheers, Bernd |

Ah, YES, that is it. Apparently without the --user it flatpak will try
to install it in the non-user space of it's environment.
So THAT works:

flatpak run --command=pip3 org.qgis.qgis install urllib3 --user

Then I was able to download "Distant measurement styles" successfully!

Thanks! Will add it to the docs

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde