[QGIS-Developer] Issues with QgsDoubleValidator

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 03:02:10 PST 2020

Hi,

I'm having issues to understand how this class is supposed to work.

There is also an error in the ctor:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/887d544309d677937305d554bbbc09e6910780b1#r43862872

The class documentation states for ctors states:

\param decimal the number of decimals accepted by the validator but
this is not working as expected (unless I misunderstand it of course),
see:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/893bfffc45ad18abeba243e9b5085f79d297d3f1#r43863047

I'm trying to use it for different numeric types, assuming that
settings "decimal" to 0 will validate integral types.

I've got no answer from the original developer yet so I wonder if
anyone knows more about this.

Thank you in advance.

--
Alessandro Pasotti