[QGIS-Developer] [GUI/usability] Add 'Copy Style (all)' to the layer context menu ?

i-s-o 46.i.s.o.64 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 07:15:09 PST 2020

Yes, this is one of my most frequently used actions, and I would greatly
benefit if it were a one click action (once the context menu is up). In my
workflows, only 5% of the time I end up using a single category copy/paste.
In fact, the change you are proposing would even be beneficial in those
situations: once you copy the style in a single category, the next action
should be a "generic" paste (from the top level of the context menu) rather
than going three levels down and pick the same category, because at this
point, there is only one category of style on the clipboard.

In fact, I would go even one step further and assign this to a keyboard
shortcut Ctrl+{Alt,Shift}+C/Ctrl+{Alt,Shift}+V [whichever combination is
not currently used, if any].