[QGIS-Developer] additional qgis news feed

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:40:53 PST 2020

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 at 20:15, <michal.wloga at envirosolutions.pl> wrote:

> Hello Devs,
>

> I’m trying to append to QGIS News panel my own messages using python.
>
> I have already set up backend using https://github.com/elpaso/qgis-feed
>
> It works: https://qgisfeed.envirosolutions.pl/
>
> I can’t find out how to fetch it and add to QGIS panel.

It's not supported -- you can't do this.

When the news panel was introduced this was one of the decisions made,
with the rationale that we don't want to give plugins anyway to force
news items onto our users or override the default feed. That just
opens the door for spammy plugins which would negate the whole purpose
of the news feed in the first place.

Nyall