[QGIS-Developer] Tip: test a Pull Request for Windows users

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Oct 1 07:00:58 PDT 2020

Hi Devs/Users,

Not sure if I was the only ignorant one here :-)

But see: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/39081

After Even Rouault had fixed an issue, I build and tested the PR on my Linux machine.
BUT... the person from the issues then told me that it was possible to 'just download the artifact from the azure windows test suite and use that to test the PR'.

So for others (Windows) users: IF your issue is fixed and you want to test the fix yourself in an easy way by logging in in Github, and then get the artifact from the Windows azure test (at the PR), unzip/unpack it to disk and just run that version!!
No need to compile yourself, or wait for the nightly build to finish/be available.

I hope this is an eye-opener for others too (credits to @pathmapper !!)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde