[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-developer] Select Within plugin, for Centroid Within and Point on Surface Within selections

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:32:10 PDT 2020

Dear Heikki, dear QGIS devs

Recently I had the need to select features based on polygon(s) from another
layer.
IMHO this is a functionality which comes pretty close to "Geoprocessing
Intersection". In ArcGIS this exists quite some time.
After desperately seeking around I stumbled upon this nice plugin "Select
Within" which mainly does the job and which exists since QGIS 1.8 or so.
=> Q1: Did I miss somethin in QGIS v3.10?
=> Q2: If no, are there any plans to integrate this functionality into core?

:Stefan