[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-developer] Select Within plugin, for Centroid Within and Point on Surface Within selections

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 01:08:42 PDT 2020

Hi Stefan

Le ven. 9 oct. 2020 à 09:06, Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com> a écrit :

>   Hi,
>
> > Personally, I no longer use the vector/raster menus;
> > all these functions are shortcuts to the Processing tools so better
> directly look at the Processing toolbox where more functions and a search
> box are available
>
> I've heard this before from power users which also prefer the command line
> interface.
>
> But it would be a pity for learners and for non-power users, if menus
> become antiquated, neglected or "deprecated".
>
> My comment is nowhere related to the command line. Go to the Processing
menu --> Processing Toolbox and you have access to a lot of algorithms
(hundreds). These are all GUI features, nothing about the command line.
I **personally** neglect them because I never know in which submenu I will
find my tool, and with hundreds of tools, not ALL could decently be in the
main menus unless we want to get scrolling, confusing (and  useless?) menus.

Regards,
Harrissou

I would strongly vote for a redesign of the vector menus for the sake of