[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 2.18 compiled against GDAL 3?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Oct 10 02:31:49 PDT 2020

Hi Even,

Thank you for your feedback. Then it is probably better to compile it
with the latest 2.x GDAL then.

The background here is that QGIS 2.18 server is still faster (better
performance) than 3.x. For this reason we'd like to continue to use 2.18
until the performance problems are addressed in 3.x. We'll share our
benchmark results soon with the QGIS (Server) devs to better find out
where QGIS-Server 3 looses time and try to address the issues.

Thanks,

Andreas