[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] Phasing out 32-bit support in QGIS for

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:19:58 PDT 2020

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 at 16:28, Marco Bernasocchi <marco at qgis.org> wrote:

> tl;dr QGIS will drop 32-bit support on Windows after the QGIS 3.16 release when we update our Qt dependencies to Qt 5.15.

Am I right in interpreting that this means the Windows packaging
improvements won't land till after 3.16 is released?

If so, is it at all possible to request that the GDAL package alone be
updated for 3.16 to the latest GDAL stable version? (Leaving proj and
all other dependencies as they are for now!). GDAL 3.1 includes some
really crucial fixes that our users/my customers are crying out for...

Nyall