[QGIS-Developer] Get ready for KwakFriday on October 30, 2020!

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Oct 20 15:37:30 PDT 2020

Dear Users of QGIS

Friday, 30 October 2020 is KwakFriday! What is 'KwakFriday' you may be
wondering to yourself? It is an initiative to replace the wonderful
community meetups we used to hold every six months when times were
different. Like our in-person meetings, the event is organised on a
principle of self-organisation and community participation.
------------------------------
<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/QHF-October-2020#programme>Programme

   1. AMA With Marco Bernasocchi

Marco Bernasocchi (QGIS Project Chair) and I will be hosting a 2 hour AMA
(ask me anything) session. The session will be recorded so if you can't
watch live, you can still feel free to submit your QGIS brain teasers and
burning questions for Marco to answer (use this form to quickly share a
question: https://cloud.kartoza.com/apps/forms/7AMg9qXfEA8Rratk).

   1. QGIS Server Updates with Alessandro Pasotti

Alessandro Pasotti (QGIS Project Vice-Chair) will be showing off all the
fantastic new features in QGIS Server especially the new server landing
page, OGC API for Features (aka: WFS3) support and the standalone
development server.

   1. More may still be announced

See where to watch below for the link to the wiki page with session times
etc., additional sessions on the day may be announced there.
------------------------------
<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/QHF-October-2020#where-to-watch>Where to
watch

Please see the event wiki page at
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/QHF-October-2020 for all the details of
times and links for watching.
------------------------------
<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/QHF-October-2020#get-involved>Get
Involved!

You can do this too! We really encourage others to follow our initiative,
using the above wiki page to organise your plans (just add a section below
our AMA one). You can host virtual meetups in the Jitsi room, plan your
next steps to take QGIS further down the road to world domination and much,
much more. We encourage language and region specific huddles, documentation
improvement sessions, bug fixing, making beautiful maps, and working
together to do amazing things with QGIS.

Participants are kindly reminded to please read and observe our QGIS Code
of Conduct and Diversity Statement to make these events a great experience
for everyone!

   -
   https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/codeofconduct/codeofconduct.html
   -