[QGIS-Developer] Question

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Wed Oct 21 23:48:27 PDT 2020

Hi Guillaume,

A 5% progress after 5 days still sounds extremely slow! That would take
approximately 100 days to finish on 1 core, or 2 days (72 hours!) on 32
cores.

I don't know how large or complicated these shapefiles are, but you
might try to find the solution in another way.

- Make sure you are using indexes?
- Select non-overlapping shapes and delete them?
- Split the files in parts?
- Move to Postgis? (Am I allowed to suggest that here? ;) )

@Marco Shouldn't that code end up in QGIS or is it still in your repo
for a reason?

Kind regards,
Raymond