[QGIS-Developer] py3_env in Windows installers

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Sep 8 00:05:05 PDT 2020

Hi Devs,

If you start the osgeo4w command prompt, both in standalone and osgeo4w version, you have to run py3_env before being able to use (the QGIS used) python there (or am I wrong. I tested by running osgeo4w.bat within a 3.14 standalone install)

I know this was to be able to handle both py2 and py3, but I do not think we need to use python2 anymore is it?

In that case I would propose to make py3_env part of the osgeo4w.bat file so we can instruct people to just go to the osgeo4w bat file to eventually pip install modules usable in QGIS?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

ps I'm planning to write a blog post about using the command lines from withing QGIS installers, as I think it can be very helpfull for a lot of people..