[QGIS-Developer] qgis build fails with cmake 3.18.2, NetBSD, quoting of $

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sun Sep 13 06:43:33 PDT 2020

Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> writes:

> Peter Petrik <peter.petrik at lutraconsulting.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> looks like duplicate  of https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/38103
>> I fixed it by using of ninja instead of make
>
> Are you saying:
>
>   qgis has code to change $ to $$ for quoting, and has for a long time
>
>   cmake 3.18 now quotes $ to $$, and thus we end up with $$$$area
>
>   This has nothing to do with NetBSD or BSD make
>
> ?
>
> If so, then I suppose that should be merged to LTR, and/or I should
> basically cherry-pick it into pkgsrc.

I commented in the PR, but after reading more, including some cmake
sources, I believe my three statements above are correct, that the
change in the PR is in 3.10.10.  3.10.10 builds  find in NetBSD/pkgsrc
with cmake 3.18.2.

Thanks again for the hint/pointer - that saved me a tremendous amount of
time.