[QGIS-Developer] PG loading broken in master

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Sep 16 00:40:33 PDT 2020

Ok - I am trying to learn git bisect, but I'm really confused to how it
works:

Here is what I did:

$ git bisect start

$ git bisect good c6e28828dd3c9d0459033643ced4ba8994d7bc92

$ git bisect bad 1c2b4ae2b0f3add7767d473f2b4137d7de9afd24
Bisecting: 18 revisions left to test after this (roughly 4 steps)
[89e4d4925a7ff26561acde84a861986cb30af961] enable QgsMeshTriangulation
with SIP and change SIP_CONCAT_PARTS

Why on earth is git bisect checking out something older than the good
commit? Really strange ...

I would have expected that git bisect would check out something between
the good and the bad commit.

Confused ...

Andreas

On 2020-09-15 23:35, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi Andreas
>
> If you are not already aware of it, check out git bisect, which helps you to isolate a breaking commit quickly.
>
> https://www.metaltoad.com/blog/beginners-guide-git-bisect-process-elimination
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> On Tue, 15 Sep 2020, 16:46 Andreas Neumann, <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Jorge,
>
> There is only one authcfg. The service configuration doesn't contain auth information - just host, port and db. It is quite normal that you have a service name and an authcfg in the same data source.
>
> I am currently compiling older commits to find out which commit still worked.
>
> Probably I know more tomorrow.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2020-09-15 17:40, Jorge Gustavo Rocha wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Just a quick question: if both are present, should one be ignored? Which
> auth configuration should be used in that case?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jorge
>
> On 15/09/20 16:05, Andreas Neumann wrote: Ok -
>
> I am currently building older versions of master to find out which
> commit still worked.
>
> Will let you know, if I know more.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2020-09-15 17:02, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 4:52 PM Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net
> <mailto:a.neumann at carto.net>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some recent commit broke all my projects that load PG layers with a
> datasource like:
>
> <datasource>service='pub' authcfg=sogis00 key='t_id' srid=2056
> type=Point checkPrimaryKeyUnicity='1' table="schema"."table"
> (geometrie) sql=</datasource>
>
> Means a combination of PG service name and auth config. None of the
> PG layers in the project can be loaded.
>
> Any idea what recent commit might be the culprit?
>
> Sorry I don't, but I'm in bug fixing mode right now and working on
> other PG issues, if you have any chance to let me debug your project
> please let me know.
>
> Cheers

J. Gustavo