[QGIS-Developer] DB Manager crash in master

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 07:02:03 PDT 2020

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 3:40 PM Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Hi Ale,
> I see in the ticket it is taken for granted that DB Manager is endo of
> life.

Don't worry, it will be maintained until we get feature parity.

> IMHO there is a considerable number of functions without which
> users will suffer. I believe it would be good to have a minimum set of
> functions to be ported, and a roadmap for it. Perhaps a QEP would be
> good here.

It was discussed several times during the last years, but here is at least one:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/171

Then we have n. 3 here:
http://blog.qgis.org/2020/02/23/reports-from-the-winning-grant-proposals-2019/

There is no roadmap because the work is long but here is a list of DB
manager features that are already available today in QGIS master in
the browser tree context menus:

- create a new schema
- delete a schema
- rename a schema
- create a new table/layer
- rename table/layer
- delete a table/layer
- truncate a table/layer
- refresh a materialized view
- list fields for a table/view
- add a new field
- delete a field

Also, some parts of DB-manager are using the new core QGIS connections
API instead of relying on Python packages, this is another important
step for the porting to C++.

Kind regards.

> Cheers.
>
> Il 24/09/20 08:53, Alessandro Pasotti ha scritto:
> > On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 8:50 AM Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> >>
> >> it looks like, thanks.
> >> maybe it is worth the while to discuss about the future of integration
> >> pg-qgis?
> >
> > Which is what?
> >
> > This bug is about PyQGIS bindings in general and it is probably
> > upstream in SIP, it's not related  to PG or DB-manager.
> >

> >> cheers.

> >> --
> >> Paolo Cavallini
> >> www.faunalia.eu - QGIS.org
> >> training, support, development on QGIS, PostGIS and more
> >

> --
> Paolo Cavallini
> www.faunalia.eu - QGIS.org
> training, support, development on QGIS, PostGIS and more

Alessandro Pasotti
QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net
ItOpen:   www.itopen.it