[QGIS-Developer] Make QGIS-Server more modular and specialized?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Sep 29 12:37:30 PDT 2020

Hi Alessandro and Matthias,

Oh - I did not know about https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/37682

How do I use this if I compile QGIS Server from source? How can I
disable/enable the components?

And yes - a "bad list" or "good list" would also be interesting to have.

Yes - probably as you say - not a speed gain to expect from it - and
probably size of qgis_mapserv.fcgi and memory consumption wouldn't
shrink much either?

About GetPrint: yes, we could reroute requests with a reverse proxy to
different instances, depending on the URL containing GetPrint commands
or not.

Thanks to both of you for your replies,

Andreas