[QGIS-Developer] A plea: more volunteers needed for reviewing backports

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 02:42:26 PDT 2021

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 08:28, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 at 09:06, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi list,
> >
> > This is a public plea for more developers who are very familiar with
> > different parts of the QGIS codebase to become actively involved in
> > backport PR management.
> >
> > We NEED more people to be actively (i.e. daily) monitoring for
> > backport PRs and then reviewing them if the backport affects code
> > areas which they're knowledgeable about.
> >

> Well my earlier plea seems like it fell on deaf ears, and we've seen
> only minimal assistance coming to maintain the PR queue since I posted
> this.

Hi all -- just wanted to send out a quick "thanks" to everyone who has
replied and the valuable discussion this has kicked off. I'm going
(mostly) off grid for the next week (camping) so my replies to
incoming emails will be delayed, but I promise to reply to all the
questions sent my way when I'm back :)

Nyall