[QGIS-Developer] A plea: more volunteers needed for reviewing backports

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Sun Apr 11 23:26:30 PDT 2021

Hi Alex, Hi all,

Thank you for this very good summary, which summarizes the problems and
potential solutions pretty well. On the financial side I can say that for
2021 we increased the budget available for Github and Travis management,
and PR reviewing from 6k in 2020 to 10k in 2021 - related projects like the
Travis to Github CI migration are not included here and have their separate
budget item.

However, as Alessandro pointed out, the main issue here is finding skilled
persons who know the QGIS project and code base good enough to be able to
help in the reviewing process.

Nevertheless, I will try to increase the budget item dedicated to CI
maintenance and PR reviewing again in 2022. Hopefully, in parallel, the
reviewing process and rules can be better formalized and more people can
join the effort.

Greetings,
Andreas

Andreas Neumann