[QGIS-Developer] GSoC 2021 QGIS On-the-fly Raster Calculator proposal draft review and feedback

Francesco Bursi francesco.bursi at hotmail.it
Mon Apr 12 05:20:53 PDT 2021

Hello QGIS Dev,

I’m Francesco Bursi, an M.Sc. civil engineer from Italy currently enrolled in a Master of Advanced Studies (Level 8 EQF) in giscience and geoinformatics at the University of Padua.

I’m really interested in the QGIS (possible) new rendering feature that involves raster calculator capabilities, I've already discussed the project with mentors Martin Tobias and Peter Petrik and possible co-mentor Roberto Marzocchi,  they gave me a lot of feedback and advice for the project.
I would like to share my proposal with you before the final submission. Don't hesitate to give me feedback and ask me question/clarification or point me out what's missing.

proposal 2021<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8L_L1IJjGCZ3d8Vq8duxHbsHZeyzwqOe3tXa1JcKbs/edit?usp=sharing>

I'm open to advice, remarks and criticism in order to improve.

I am looking forward to a feedback, thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Francesco Bursi