[QGIS-Developer] QGIS and QField enquiry

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Jan 18 02:42:24 PST 2021

Hi Hannah,

And about your other questions these are more suited for the QGIS-User mailing list, as these (seem to me) more use-related questions?
In short:
>     Does anyone know how to develop a legend file in QGIS, to define a colour coded template for a set of lines (e.g. different utilities)?

I think you mean create a Categorized style? If so: plz look into our documentation about this (via docs.qgis.org)

>     Does anyone know how to update the 'z' value of an item/object/asset (not sure exactly what it is referred as in QGIS) on bulk, for different project preferences?

In GIS in general we talk about 'Features' with a 'Geometry' and 'Attributes'. Both can be updated via the 'Field Calculator'.

>     Does anyone know about pano image integration in QField, if the name of a photo taken in a survey form is associated with the specific record and linked together in the CSV file created to bring into QGIS?

I hope this is anwsered by Matthias, as I do not know at a Pano image is :-)

>     Also, is anyone familiar with exporting survey data out of N4ce to shapefile, in order to bring into QGIS at all?

Never heard of N4ce. QGIS used gdal/ogr to convert different (open) data formats. N4ce seems a closed/propriary format? Can you convert it in the original application to a more open format?
As said maybe users on the user list now more about this?

Hope this helps, Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde