[QGIS-Developer] undefined symbol: GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Tue Jan 19 01:55:46 PST 2021

Hi,

Just an additional comment. The GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx is there, as
far as I can see.

nm -g libqgis_core.so.3.16.3 | grep GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx
                 U GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx

But if the symbol is defined in the library, why do I get this error?

File "/usr/local/share/qgis/python/qgis/core/__init__.py", line 25, in
<module>
qgis-server_1      |     from qgis._core import *
qgis-server_1      | ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libqgis_core.so.3.16.3:
undefined symbol: GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx

Help is appreciated :-)

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

Às 09:24 de 19/01/21, Jorge Gustavo Rocha escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes I use QGIS running from docker (both the server and desktop),
> using the docker maintained by camp2camp [1].
>
> The docker gets the gdal image and compiles QGIS.
>
> Recently (no more than a week), I 'm having a run time error (caused by
> a linkage issue), when using qgis.core in Python:
>
> File "/usr/local/share/qgis/python/qgis/core/__init__.py", line 25, in
> <module>
> qgis-server_1      |     from qgis._core import *
> qgis-server_1      | ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libqgis_core.so.3.16.3:
> undefined symbol: GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx
>
> This GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx was introduced in GDAL recently.
>
> Is anybody getting this error also from a self compiled QGIS?
>
> Regards,
>
> [1] https://github.com/camptocamp/docker-qgis-server
>
> J. Gustavo

J. Gustavo