[QGIS-Developer] undefined symbol: GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jan 19 02:06:00 PST 2021

On mardi 19 janvier 2021 09:55:46 CET Jorge Gustavo Rocha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just an additional comment. The GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx is there, as
> far as I can see.
>
> nm -g libqgis_core.so.3.16.3 | grep GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx
>                  U GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx
>
> But if the symbol is defined in the library, why do I get this error?

The U means undefined. Which is expected. libqgis_core imports the symbol from
libgdal.
What I suspect here is that QGIS is built against a libgdal 3.2.x (QGIS only
tries to use GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRTEx if GDAL headers are >= 3.2), but at
runtime links against an older one.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com