[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server Tiles API Plugin

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 03:27:11 PDT 2021

Hi Devs,

On request from Ifremer, we at 3Liz are started to work on a plugin to
provide Tiles API for QGIS Server.
https://github.com/3liz/qgis-server-tiles-plugin

We have started to implement a Tile Map Service API, known as TMS.
It is based on the QGIS project WMTS configuration availabe in the OWS
Server tab in Project properties.
If the EPSG:3857 is activated for WMTS, the tiles will be available
through a simple URL with the MAP parameter.
The TMS API supports images, provided by WMTS, and Vector Tile based on
QgsVectorTileWriter.

I have discovered that QgsVectorTileMVTEncoder is not available in Python.

We have planed to:
* implement in this plugin the OGC Tiles API, https://ogcapi.ogc.org/tiles/
* enhance the QGIS API to be able to build Vector Tile in other CRS than
EPSG:3857
* and port the OGC Tiles API in the QGIS Server core.

Feedbacks are welcome
Regards,
René-Luc D'Hont