[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server and Desktop on same machine in production?

pathmapper pathmapper at posteo.de
Thu Jun 10 05:40:19 PDT 2021

Hi,

I would like to use processing from the command line
(https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/processing/standalone.html)
on the same Ubuntu machine where QGIS server is running:

Every information I did find so far says to install QGIS Desktop to have
qgis_process available, but the training manual states:

"QGIS Server should be used in production without QGIS Desktop (with the
accompanying X Server) installed on the same machine."

Source:
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/training_manual/qgis_server/install.html#moderate-fa-install-from-packages

Is this recommendation still valid, and if yes, why?

Is there another possibility to install qgis_process on the same machine
as QGIS Server?

Cheers,
Bjoern