[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server: default values for GetLegendGraphics (fonts, symbol sizes, etc.)

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Thu Jun 17 09:24:21 PDT 2021

Hi Andreas,

The default values are in fact the values used in the QGIS project.
These GetLegendGraphics parameters are used to overwrite those default
settings.

These are parameters and are not read from the environment. It should
not be difficult to read them from the environment too, but it requires
some additional logic on the server side.

Some time ago, in our local municipality, I added some rewrite rules to
Apache to use the same font in each GetLegendGraphics request, since not
all people were using the same font on QGIS projects. The rewrite just
adds
&TRANSPARENT=true&ITEMFONTFAMILY=FreightSans&LAYERFONTFAMILY=FreightSans
to each GetLengenGraphic request. The legend was much more uniform with
this simple rewrite.

As a workaround, I suggest something like these rewrite rules on the
server side.

Regards,

Jorge

On 17/06/21 16:33, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding the default values for changing the look and
> feel of GetLegendGraphics as described at
> https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/server_manual/services.html#getlegendgraphics
> <https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/server_manual/services.html#getlegendgraphics>
> (e.g. LAYERFONTFAMILY, SYMBOLWIDTH, etc.).
>
> Is there a way to specify "default" values  for these settings, e.g. in
> an environment variable or through other means?
>
> Thank you if you know anything about it.
>
> Andreas

J. Gustavo
--
Jorge Gustavo Rocha