[QGIS-Developer] Download url's macOS QGIS missing version info

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jun 20 21:13:23 PDT 2021

Hi all,

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/issues/892
and
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/issues/894

people are asking about certain versions of the macOS installer. But as the actual version is not readable in the url, we (as website issue peeps) cannot check the actual version of the installer (without macOS machine).

So these are either people too eager to check a newer version after a release, and packaging is just not finished, OR there is really an error.

I can onderstand the reason for not putting the version in the dmz name, but a solution (for me to be able to check) is to package the dmz in a zip with a version name in it (AND update the versions in th upload site then too, just like we do for the Windows installers).

Is this an doable option? Or should I just close macOS related issues with a "Please be patient while the macOS packagers are doing their work (and don't forget to donate time or money)" ;-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde