[QGIS-Developer] QGIS compiled agains GDAL 3.3.0 crash opening a project

Martin Pergler pergler at gmail.com
Tue May 11 14:32:44 PDT 2021

Seems GDAL 3.3.0 is miscompiled. In my case, I'm not getting crashes, just
QGIS unable to open any LERC-compressed TIFF files with an uninformative
error message from QGIS. However, can be tracked down to GDAL likely
compiled without internal libtiff and so gdalinfo gives:

Warning 1: GS0327-dem_cliplerc.tif: GS0327-dem_cliplerc.tif:LERC compression
support is not configured
ERROR 1: GS0327-dem_cliplerc.tif: Cannot open TIFF file due to missing
codec.

Bug report submitted (for the LERC problem, not your crash):
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/679

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html