[QGIS-Developer] QgsQuick removal

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu May 13 01:17:27 PDT 2021

Hi Peter,

Indeed the QgsQuick library is mostly an externalized library for input at
the moment and I can understand the reasons for coming forward with this
proposal.

One of the reasons for not picking it up completely in QField was that some
of the included components have been under heavy development on QField side
too, sometimes with app specific changes.

However there are some core parts which can be well mutualized and a
collaboration was envisioned on QField side too.
They are kept in a dedicated folder in the QField repository
https://github.com/opengisch/QField/tree/master/src/core/qgsquick

I think keeping these in place would be good, this way we can preserve a
nucleus of a generic library. If you are ok with that, we'll make sure to
integrate the latest changes from the QField repository soon.

Thank you
Matthias