[QGIS-Developer] Questions about QGIS plugin sales

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu May 13 12:22:22 PDT 2021

Jeferson,

yes, you can sell plugins, but you'll have to distribute the source code
of it, or make a written offer to have access to it, to your customers
under the GPL v2+ license of QGIS (which mean they could also
potentially redistribute the source code freely, in all meaning of the
word, to anyone else)

See https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#DoesTheGPLAllowMoney

And also https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2021-March/039273.html

Even