[QGIS-Developer] QGIS standalone script examples (and Oracle)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon May 24 08:58:38 PDT 2021

On 5/24/21 2:54 PM, Paul Wittle wrote:

> Unfortunately I can't simply exclude Oracle as that is currently our spatial database provider and whilst we are migrating to PostgresSQL that will be a while so I do need a solution that leaves those layers alone really.

Sorry, I did not mean to exclude Oracle from the final scripts, just to check if another (inbuild db) provider would work instead (as it does not need separate dll's).

> The batch commands I'm referring to include o4w_env.bat, qt5_env.bat and py3_env.bat which I believe are default with the install so hopefully you can see them.

For what I know, both Windows install types (Standalone and osgeo4w) set indeed the right paths using those bat files...

Checking IF the oracle provider is working, you should be able to check with a simple read of an Oracle table and counting the features or so (in pyqgis I mean)?

Anybody has a trick how to find out what exactly is wrong, when a layer is 'invalid'?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde