[QGIS-Developer] QGIS standalone script examples (and Oracle)

Paul Wittle paul.wittle at dorsetcouncil.gov.uk
Tue May 25 00:40:58 PDT 2021

Ah, I see your point.

I will setup a project with a PostGIS table and a couple of WMS layers and see how that fairs.

I terms of the error I get... When I open the project all the layers are there with datasource entries but the Layer name column is blank as is the provider column.

So and entry reads:

Layer name = null       Type = vector   provider = null Auth config = Edit      Datasource = datasource (no errors there)

I therefore assume it is deleting something in the canvas settings that is needed for QGIS to realise the layers are Oracle. This is also proved by the log windows where I get the same number of errors in a PostGIS tab even though I have no PostGIS layers in the project. It appears that QGIS believes them to be PostGIS layers.

I'll have a go at your suggestions now.

Paul