[QGIS-Developer] sip build err on Debian Testing?

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 5 06:48:34 PDT 2021

On 11/5/21 14:18, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 11/5/21 1:29 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>   sip-build: Unable to find file "QtXml/QtXmlmod.sip"
>>
>> These files are provided by pyqt5-dev under
>> /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/PyQt5/bindings/ but not found for some reason.
>
> My problem is not so much failing because those files are not found, but more (like Juergen's issue is pointing to), the sip 4.19.25 complaining about a syntax error?
>
> Trying to find sip6 I found:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=sip6
>
> source package pointing to Binary packages: python3-sipbuild, sip-tools, sip6-doc
>
> but even after installing those I do not have sip6 or sip telling me it is 6.x
> There is
> $ /usr/bin/sip-build -V
> 6.4.0
> but that is proably something else... ?

That's what's used to generate the SIP bindings.

> dpkg -S sip6 does not reveal anything too

python3-pyqtbuild, python3-sipbuild, and sip-tools are used for sip6
instead of python3-sip-dev & python3-sip.

sip6 is the source package, not one of its binary packages:

  https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/sip6

> Anything else I can do (other then wait and hope somebody is able to fix this...)?

I applied these changes:

https://git.linuxminded.nl/?p=pkg-grass/qgis;a=commitdiff;h=ce78563091b57c25e5ab5294d5b8eb28412370e6

https://git.linuxminded.nl/?p=pkg-grass/qgis;a=commitdiff;h=e7456d3d58fd30d80dd6564accdf1294ca682fcc

But as mentioned before, it's not sufficient to fix the qgis build.

It takes about 3 hours to build qgis on my system, and since this
failures happens at 97% it takes a lot of time to troubleshoot this issue.

I had hoped that 3.16.13 would have fixed this, but it contains no
relevant changes. Many of the changes mentioned in the ChangeLog seem to
have been reverted, see:

  https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/compare/final-3_16_12...final-3_16_13

Kind Regards,

Bas