[QGIS-Developer] sip build err on Debian Testing?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Nov 5 06:18:14 PDT 2021

On 11/5/21 1:29 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>  sip-build: Unable to find file "QtXml/QtXmlmod.sip"
>
> These files are provided by pyqt5-dev under
> /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/PyQt5/bindings/ but not found for some reason.

My problem is not so much failing because those files are not found, but more (like Juergen's issue is pointing to), the sip 4.19.25 complaining about a syntax error?

Trying to find sip6 I found:
https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=sip6

source package pointing to Binary packages: python3-sipbuild, sip-tools, sip6-doc

but even after installing those I do not have sip6 or sip telling me it is 6.x
There is
$ /usr/bin/sip-build -V
6.4.0
but that is proably something else... ?

dpkg -S sip6 does not reveal anything too

Anything else I can do (other then wait and hope somebody is able to fix this...)?

Regards,

Richard DUivenvoorde