[QGIS-Developer] Guidance in developing a comprehensive Spatial Data Modelling plugin

Sandeepan Dhoundiyal dsandeepan995 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 04:26:08 PST 2021

Hello Everyone.
I'm Sandeepan a grad student at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
Bombay working on Remote Sensing and GIS applications in Planetary Science,
particularly mineralogical mapping.
Relatively simple knowledge-driven models such as Fuzzy Inference Systems,
Weights of Evidence (WofE) find a wide application in geological studies,
particularly mineral exploration. These along with simple Machine Learning
based such as logistic regression and ANN's (Artificial Neural Networks)
are available as a single package in ArcGIS called ArcSDM.
A basic WofE plugin already exists for QGIS (
https://github.com/chudasama-bijal/QGIS-Plugin-Weights-of-Evidence-Model)
as well as basic functionality for a few Fuzzy functions. I would like to
implement a comprehensive and optimized (in terms of execution time) plugin
for both these models, as well as basic ML (essentially, QGIS version of
ArcSDM). I would like to have the communities input on wether such a plugin
would be beneficial to the community and if so, then guidance in writing a
proposal for developing this plugin for GIS.
Regards,
Sandeepan Dhoundiyal
Teaching Assistant, PhD student | Geology and Mineral Resources Group
CSRE, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay