[QGIS-Developer] QGIS LTR releases -- is it time to pull the plug?

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Mon Nov 15 23:23:31 PST 2021

Il 15/11/2021 20:57, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:

> So what do we do? I can think of a few responses we could make:
>
> - Kill 3.16.13 with fire. It needs to be removed from the website and
> all traces of the internet ASAP. Rollback to only offering 3.16.11,
> which is the last good Windows 3.16 release.

I think the faster and simplest thing to do is to offer QGIS LTR
installers from the old (v1) OSGeo4W repository ("continued with
previous dependencies") and avoid to recommend the QGIS LTR installers
from the new (v2) OSGeo4W (as it is now in the qgis.org download page).

AFAIK, the OSGeo4W v1 QGIS LTR 3.16.12 didn't suffer from the SIP issue
nor the OSGeo4W v1 QGIS LTR 3.16.13 suffers from the CRS issue.

Regards.

Andrea